Ferd is wholly owned by Johann H. Andersen, Jr. And familiy. Since 2004, Ferd har operated with a Board of Directors where all the memebers are external appoints, and with a Board Direcotrs where all the members are external appointmens, and with effect from 1 October 2012 JOhan H. Andersen is the Chair of Board.
Ferd is made up of six business areas. The five commercial business areas have different investment madates, but compete in equal terms for the group´s captial resources. The allocation of capital between the business areas takes into account both investment return and the group´s overall risk profile.
- Ferd Capital manages the group's long-term industrial equity investments in privately owned and stock exchange listed companies.
- Ferd Invest is an active investor and manages a sizeable portfolio of Nordic listed shares.
- Ferd Hedge Funds invests in international hedge funds that represent a wide range of strategies and asset classes.
- Ferd Special Investments takes advantage of opportunities that fall outside the investment mandates of the other business areas where it can make use of Ferd’s particular competitive advantage.
- Ferd Real Estate is an active real estate investor with responsibility for all the group's real estate investments, and is involved in the development, rental and management of real estate.
- Ferd Social Entrepreneurs supports selected organisations, projects and individuals in activities where the social results carry greater weight than the financial results.